Liturgy on the Margins
Australian Diaconal Ministry, Present and Future
To go straight to the blog: click here.
We are a group of Australian Catholics Exploring the Diaconate (ACED). This blog is a space for conversation around Liturgy on the Margins in these lands now known as Australia. We aim to highlight the wonderful diaconal ministry that is already happening, and point to the needs that exist. This includes the diaconal ministry of women in the Catholic Church. Please join this conversation by signing up to get new posts delivered to your inbox (below).
To contact ACED, please email the founder, Elizabeth Young rsm, at email@example.com. Some of Elizabeth’s story can be found here. There are several ways you may be involved:
- Share a story of your own or that of your community (you may wish to be interviewed or write something; it can be shared anonymously)
- Endorse or support this discerning movement
- Ask questions or propose blog topics
- Discern about your own ministry journey
- Help to plan and organise this conversation with Australian Catholics Exploring the Diaconate
We recognise the spiritual custodianship and connection to the land of the elders – past, present and emerging – of our First Nations. We acknowledge the need for deep listening (dadirri), truth-telling about our history, genuine justice and reconciliation as we walk alongside each other today. We ask God, the Strength of the Anawim, to lead us towards a future of hope.
Sign up to get new posts delivered directly to your inbox.